Pages

Ben Nevis Summit

Ben Nevis Summit

A Little Info About Me;

My photo
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Long Distance Hill Walking...!

Completing “The West Highland Way” once in May of 2007 would be enough for anyone; But my good friend John; has come up with another "crazy idea" that this year, we could walk the W.H.W. Again!

If you’re not familiar with the W.H.W. It is a Long Distance Hill Walk starting in Mulgavie Glasgow, and finishes in Fort William, some 97 miles later.

Mind you, it is a walk with breathtaking views; and some serious, "Lung Busting Climbs"

But this time John and Mick thought he would make it interesting by adding on the fact that we can; climb Ben Nevis while we are in Fort William...??? Hold on; there's more!!

Then we can carry on and walkThe Great Glenn Way” from Fort William to Inverness...!!!! This totals 200 miles plus; over 10 days, and a quick trip to the top of Ben Nevis.

Well, all I can say is, John; you were spot on mate; I would not have missed my chance to climb the famous Ben Nevis.

Even though I never thought that I would? For anyone reading this blog; if you are in reasonable health, and you like a challenge; you will not be sorry...!!! On a serious note…

"YOU NEED TO DO LOTS OF TRAINING"...???

The Mountain Trail of Ben Nevis, {A K A, The Tourist Trail} is a full 4 to 6 hours of serious uphill walking depending on how fit you are.

Then you got 3 to 5 hours of hard downhill walking. You must not treat it like a walk in the park! Climbing Ben Nevis is a serious challenge?

You must be prepared and you must carry all the necessary kit that you will need for the day...???

Like Food and Water,

At least 4Ltrs. Safety Equipment, Cold Weather Gear, Spare Boots, First Aid Kit, Whistle, Torch, Compass, and Wet Weather outfit, and a Survival Bag.

So as you can tell by this list... this challenge is definitely not to be taken lightly...

Now; having said all that; you will absolutely love it when you reach the top. There is no other feeling in the world to compare to it;

The sense of achievement is overwhelming, coupled with the feeling of elation. "You Can't Beat It" And you will NEVER” forget it!

Weight Loss from Walking


Starting out

Walking is possibly the easiest way that anyone can lose a lot of weight in a relatively short period of time! Simply by investing a little time and effort in yourself, with sustained effort you will be amazed at the results.  

The Idea
Start slowly and build up gradually, this way we will not overdo things avoid unnecessary injury and we will always be looking forward to our next walk! If you do would like to try what I did, you will succeed as I did. Below is how I started

How I got Started
My walking started by taking our dog Ben! nick-name {Stinky} a little {Westy} for a 10 minute walk around the block. For the first few nights I just planned the shortest route back to the house. As this was a chore I was not happy with!

An Unwilling Candidate
  For several nights I reluctantly repeated the gesture. Then the sixth night was a beautiful night with the biggest full moon, and the clearest sky full of bright twinkling stars, with a warm summer breeze. This was the night I walked the dog for 45 minutes? My good lady Pam; was ready to call the police because I was gone so long!

Me My Wife & a Full Moon
As you know a full moon only last for three nights and the next three nights were amazing, just walking out… the dog was in his element, and I was enjoying some seriously relaxing walking. So much so I asked my lady Pam to accompany me. She too was in awe of the beauty of the next two evenings

And So It Began
From then on, I looked forward to my evening walks with my lady, and Stinky! But not to lose weight… oh no; that thought never entered my mind, at this point in time I had no idea that it was possible to lose weight from walking! Even if you don’t lose weight it’s still a great form of exercise to get you moving!

“Yes”… You Can Lose Weight from Walking
Well to my amazement it’s true… you can lose weight from walking; I did, you can and will; with not too much effort either, just as long as you stay consistent and walk regularly; while increasing your efforts and you distance slowly and steadily. Most off all make your walking fun.

Feeling Pleased With Yourself
You will soon start to feel better, look better, be stronger and far healthier, all this coupled with an all round sense of well-being, it’s a great feeling… and it can be yours free for a very little but continuous effort. It is great way to combine a workout with an enjoyable activity. Is not only easy and simple but anybody can get involved.

Weight Loss from Walking
Walking is far less traumatic on the body than running or jogging. It is quite likely the most popular physical activity today. It is also a great way to get your body into good physical shape, and when help in maintaining overall health and wellness goals.  The extra energy that you gain will also add to your feel good factor.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts